LATEST UPDATE (3/10/2018)!
The program and schedule of AIWEST-DR 2018 are now available. Please check the links below.
The 11th ACEH INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP AND EXPO
ON SUSTAINABLE TSUNAMI DISASTER RECOVERY
Banda Aceh-Indonesia, October 10-12, 2018
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
After entering the second decade from the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami, the world has been progressing to focus on sustainable disaster risk reduction concept. AIWEST-DR was first launched in 2005 as part of Syiah Kuala University contribution to ensure the messages from the 2004 tsunami pass across the regions and become lessons learned for other tsunami prone countries. It was first named as Annual International Workshop and Expo on Sumatra Tsunami Disaster Recovery during the first ninth consecutive events. Since 2016, the name of this event has been refined into a new name with the same abbreviation: Aceh International Workshop and Expo on Sustainable Tsunami Disaster Recovery. We want to ensure the Sendai Frameworks for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR), released in Sendai-Japan in 2005, be resonant in the mind of disaster researchers, practitioners, and policy makers. Therefore, we invite researchers, academia, disaster practitioners and managers to submit their extended abstracts to the 11th AIWEST-DR 2018.
"ADVANCING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION
FOR SUSTAINABLE DISASTER RESILIENCE AND RISK REDUCTION"
Prof. H. Mohamad Nasir, Ph.D., Ak.
(Minister of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Indonesia)*
Prof. Shunichi KOSHIMURA
(International Research Institute of Disaster Science (IRIDeS)
Tohoku University, Japan)
Prof. Dwikorita Karnawati (Meteorological, Climatological, and Geophysical Agency of Indonesia, BMKG Jakarta, Indonesia)
Prof. Samsul Rizal (Rector of Syiah Kuala University, Banda Aceh Indonesia)
Prof. Phil Cummins (Research School of Earth Sciences, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia)
Prof. Yusni Sabi (Ar-Raniry State Islamic University, Banda Aceh Indonesia)
Prof. Peter Sammonds (Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction, University College London, UK)
Prof. Shinichi Egawa (IRIDeS, Tohoku University)
Prof. Biswajeet Pradhan (Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, UTS, Australia)
Prof. Benjamin P. Horton (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
The scope of the AIWEST‐DR 2018 are expected to cover the following topics
(but are not limited):
1. Geohazards, Technology and Infrastructure;
2. Coastal City Resilience Towards Natural Hazard;
3. Knowledge management for Disaster Risk Reduction;
4. Disaster Risk Financing and Insurance;
5. Human Security and Disaster Medicine;
6. Policy Making for Sustainable Disaster Risk Reduction;
7. Hydro-meteorological Hazards and Climate Changes;
8. Tsunami Numerical Modeling and Its Applications;
9. Resilient City Planning;
10. Evacuation Planning and Training;
11. Disaster Education;
12. Emergency Handling and Psychological Dimension of Responses;
13. ICT Application in Disaster Management;
14. GIS and Remote Sensing for Disaster Management;
15. Local and Indigenous Knowledge for Disaster Risk Reduction;
16. Applied Geosciences for Disaster Risk Reduction;
17. Effective Recovery, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction;
18. Paleotsunami and Paleoseismic studies;
19. Disaster Management in Religious Perspective;
20. Progress of SFDRR implementation.
|Deadline for Abstract Submission|
|Last Announcement of Abstract Acceptance|
|Deadline for full paper Submission|
|Deadline of Early Registration for presenters|
September 20, 2018
|Workshop and Expo Date|
October 10‐11, 2018
|Field Trip to Tsunami imprints|
October 12, 2108
Publications of AIWEST‐DR 2018
All accepted papers will be selected for publications in the peer reviewed journals: International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction (IJDRR, Scopus indexed), or Aceh International Journal of Science and Technology (AIJST, Nationally, accredited), or in Scopus-indexed IOP Proceeding.
The selected papers of the 10th AIWEST-DR 2016 published in IJDRR can be viewed and downloaded from:
The AIWEST-DR 2016 papers published in the Scopus-indexed IOP Proceeding can be downloaded from: